A dear friend from the monastery gave this Novena to me. Allow me to share this to you. You can use this as a prayer for bar exam, or when you have to make an important decision in your life or even everyday. It gives me peace of mind. I hope the prayer will help all of you in the same way that it is helping me. Thank you.
Novena for the Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Apostles Creed
- Glory be to the Father
- O Holy Spirit, soul of my soul, I adore You. Enlighten, guide, strengthen and console me. Tell me what I ought to do; command me to do it. I promise to be submissive to everything that permit to happen to me. Just show me only Your Will.
- O Lord Jesus Christ Who, before ascending into heaven, did promise to send the Holy Spirit to finish Your work in the souls of Your Apostles, deign to grant the same Holy Spirit to me that He may perfect in my soul the work of Your grace and Your love. Amen.
- 1st Gift (7 gifts of the Holy Spirit below)
- Our Father
- Father, Father send us the promised Paraclete through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen.
- Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and enkindle in them the fire of your love. (10x)
- Send forth Your Spirit and they shall be created and You shall renew the face of the earth.
Let us pray
O God who instructs the hearts of Your faithful by the light of the Holy Spirit, grant us that by the same Spirit we may be truly wise and ever more rejoice in His consolation through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- Say 2nd gift
- Repeat Our Father… (No.6 to No. 9)
- After the 7th decade, say Hail Holy Queen.
SEVEN GIFTS OF THE HOLY GHOST
- Grant me the Spirit of Wisdom, that I may despise the perishable things of this world and aspire only after the things that are eternal;
- Grant me the Spirit of Understanding, to enlighten my mind with the light of Your divine truth;
- Grant me the Spirit of Counsel, that I may ever choose the surest way of pleasing God and gaining heaven;
- Grant me the Spirit of Fortitude, that I may bear my cross with You and that I may overcome with courage all the obstacles that oppose my salvation;
- Grant me the Spirit of Knowledge, that I may know God and know myself and grow perfect in the science of the Saints;
- Grant me the Spirit of Piety, that I may find the service of God sweet and amiable;
- Grant me the Spirit of Fear, that I may be filled with a loving reverence towards God and may dread in any way to displease Him. Mark me, dear Lord, with the sign of Your true disciples and animate me in all things with Your Spirit. Amen.
Congratulations to those who passed the 2016 Philippine Bar Exam. I am happy that the passing rate is more than half. I am also happy that the top 10 are all from the province. It is a big statement. I like it. No offense meant to those from Metro Manila schools. I am a product of MManila school also.
Hello, my friends. How are you? Sorry for being away. I’ve been busy lately. I feel like a juggler in a carnival show. Now I know how Curacha (ang babaeng walang pahinga) feels, who is trying to budget her time to do a lot of work with so many deadlines to beat. I neglected the blog somehow. Apart from my ever demanding work, I ventured into studying, which would open the doors for me into another world. I feel that it is about time to do something different and it has been my long time dream to embark on this “new world”. This one requires every ounce of my strength and every molecule of my brain. Just wish me well and pray for me.
Sorry my friends if I cannot reply to you that much.
Hi. I am back. I received my package- yes, those I bought from ebay on September 1, 2015. I received them on September 11, 2015. I paid P200.00 at the post office. By the way, I picked them up from the post office.
On September 10, 2015, I started studying for the MPR*. I finished the book after one (1) week. It was a free book. I emailed Bar M*x and they sent me a pdf copy. I finished reading it yesterday, September 19, 2015. Today, I wanted to rest. I took me long to finish the book because I can only study upon arrival from work and early in the morning. I have to sacrifice. I suppose it would be worth it. It has been a life long dream. There are times when I want to give up and ask myself that what am I doing as I am already fine here. But, I am so damn ambitious. I am thinking of other people who were not in an ideal situation but they made it. I have to make the best of what I have at the moment.
My next challenge is the MultiS. Gosh! The book is so thick…and there are nine (9) more books to finish. Wish me luck.
My pimples are gone. Thanks to SkinB5.
I ordered several books via ebay. After some negotiation, I paid for my package. It was sent by the seller via USPS International Priority Mail. It was sent on Septeber 2, 2015 and landed Philippines on September 6, 2015. The problem is until now, it has not been delivered yet. I am afraid that it will go missing.
Last night, I was about to go to sleep when I received an email message. It was from — telling me that I am qualified to take the —-. How will I study for it with my busy schedule? But I am really happy.:)
That, my friend, is the latest picture of my pimples. They dried up already. What’s left is the Trace of my Past. LOL! I hope by next week, they would fade already.
Yes, you heard me right. We all deal with unwanted visitors once in while. We want to shoo them away but we run out of words to tell them goodbye. In my case, my unwanted visitors are… pimples. SInce I transferred to another job early this year, these hellish creatures kept popping on my face. Those who knew me would be surprised to see me and asked me what happened to me. It has been like that since then. Gone was the smooth as a baby’s butt face. Last week, I went to my dermatologist whom I have not visited for eight months now. She recommended Thiocell. It’s a sublingual glutathione meaning you have to treat it like a lozenge or candy. Let us see what will happen to me.
Well that was last week. Although the pimples have lessened, I went to my dermatologist again and bought the other vitamin she recommended. It is SkinB5. Quite a bit expensive.She also treated my face with oxygen peptide facial to remove my unwanted visitors. Actually, the picture above was taken after the facial. Since she had to remove the blackheads and whitedheads on my face, I looked like a besotted teenager.
Hello, my friends. It has been a while. I got so busy with my very demanding job. Consequently, I also got load of stress. Luckily, we have children in the house and just spending a few hours with them everyday makes me forget the pressure at work. I also went back to baking. After more than two years of hiatus, I am so back to the baking world. My favorite now is red velvet cupcake and I am trying really hard to perfect it according to my standards. Yes, I do modify the recipes even if they were from a notable baker. It is I who eat what I bake afterall.
Last week, I saw a law school classmate posting her coloring books. I got curious so I asked her where she got them. I have long been thinking of buying children’s coloring book for such a long time now because I thought it would be a great way to relax. To cut the story short, I found myself ordering online an adult coloring book. I bought Johanna Basford’s “Secret Garden”. I borrowed the children’s colored pencils and crayons. Then, we filled the pages with colors together. Such a wonderful time!
Lastly, I was searching for adult coloring books in Instagram when I chanced upon this doctor posting about calligraphy. I asked her where she took her lessons and gave me tips. Calligraphy has been on my bucket list for a long time already. I browsed for local calligraphers and I found one. She agreed to tutor me and it cost me P2,000.00 for 3 hours. This includes basic materials and food. It even exceeded the 3 hours. I realized that it required so much patience. It is a bit similar to cake decorating. You have to do it slow. I have to devote at least an hour everyday to perfect this craft. I hope in six months time I would make it already.
That’s all friends. I will try to add some photos also in the days to come. I have to go. Don’t forget to be awesome!!!
January of this year I was enticed to subscribe to SUN Broadband because the Customer Representative told me that it is using the facilities of SMART now. After more than two months of using it, I am so sick and tired of its ultra poor service. It does not work at all in my office. Gosh! Why did I subscribe to SUN again despite my previous bad experience with it.
I asked how much the pretermination fee and I was told that I should pay the remaining monthly subscription fees and an additional P5,000.00! Dear Readers, I am required to pay this amount even if it has failed to provide its promised quality service.